You know that feeling? After you watched a film, read a book, etc. Sort of an aftertaste. Last song syndrome (LSS), etc. Here’s my history:
- Having a haircut: I feel I’m prettier (hahaha) or degraded, depends on the cut.
- My hair was permed in 2006: I felt I transformed to a different person. Lady to a woman. The curls were long gone.
- My 3rd time in Bora: I’d still be back.
- Riding Zyklon Loop: I thought I was dead.
- Eating fried frogs: My burp tasted chicken-y.
- Eating Kimchi: I think of Arthur Choi (of Coffee Prince)
- Being in Starbucks: I think of my kaberks in the Philippines.
- Eating black chocolate: I’m complete!
- Meteor Garden: I wanted to have a hair like Shan Cai.
- Juon: I’m afraid to take a bath. Because of the shower scene.
- Love Story (Erich Segal): Sad but not sorry. Crying.
- Kailangan Kita: I craved for laing for 2 weeks
- Lovers in Paris: I wanted to go biking in Paris and reach that particular wishing well.
- Coffee Prince: I crazily wished that I had a job offer from Korea instead (it was 2 days before my flight going here that I did a dvd marathon because I can’t bring the copycat disc).
- Wall-E: I cared more for Mother Earth and panicked on the glimpse of all the people being obese.
- Numbalikdiwa: I promised myself I’m not going to eat red meat again, especially barbecue. Of course, I broke my promise after a week.
- Travel Time: I want to be the host.
- One More Chance: Thinking of my younger cousins.
- The Cramp Twins: It might be exciting to be a bully.
- Any Nora Aunor movie: Naiirita. I don’t know why. But my elder relatives like her so much.
- Gwapings movies: I’m feeling highschool
- Chicago’s Hard Habit to Break: I thought of Bella’s feelings for Edward, “I’m addicted to you, you’re a hard habit to break”
- Weekend in New England: Regardless of my mood, I suddenly became blue
- After the love has gone: Same as above
- Don’t throw it all away: Less blue
- With A Smile: Never fails to lift my spirits up
- Boogie Wonderland: I think of Happy Feet movie
- Stay Awake: It brings a good feeling
- Buttercup: It makes me feel like a kid. I also think of Something About Mary. And my embarrassing videoke moment in Antique.
- Raindrops keep fallin’ on my head: Full of hopes.
- Any reggae song: Energized
- Gasolina: Hyper!
- Manila: I miss Philippines and all of you, you know who you are.
- The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: I was a vegetarian for 2 weeks. I can’t really swallow red meat.
- Einstein’s Dreams: I felt so smart.
- Twisted Series of Jessica Zafra: I’m feeling smartly ironic.
- The Secret: Nothing is impossible
- Persuasion: I wanted to be photographed wearing Anne Elliots’ dress.
- Twilight: I oddly imagined myself spending time with a vampire. Well, he’s a vegetarian. I even wrote a letter to Edward Cullen. See the letter here.
- New Moon: I wanted to tell Bella that she is really , really weird and unbelievable.
- Eclipse (when still halfway): I had a weird dream (nightmare?) Saturday night. I was imprisoned by two giant flies. Weird. That should have been a vampire and/ or wolf as my abductors/ saviors. Anyway, I woke up just in time.
- Eclipse (after finishing it): I wanted to be a teener again! (blushes)
In general, some things are wala lang. No effect.
What about you? Do you also have occasional(and odd) recency effects?
0 thoughts on “The recency effect”
Wow, I’m amazed you took the time to write all these =). My most recent “occasional recency effect” is – after I watching “Harry Potter: Sorcerer’s Stone” and they feature all those chocolates that Ron and Harry were eating on the train, I have a strong craving for chocolates. Care for some bewitched chocolate frogs?
kaynis last blog post..Color Me Fall
Oh well, I can’t imagine myself eating chocolate frogs but I guess I could swallow, hahaha…
wow! amazing for you to find times to write all those things. but thank you very much for sharing it with us. for my latest “occasional recency effect” is – upon hearing the song from flo-rida ft tpain-low: i miss my baby. that song is her favorite right now.
blue roses last blog post..flickr meme
I can so relate with this post. 🙂
Whenever I hear Bittersweet Symphony by the Verve…I do the headbang and I instantly became a hip rocker whilst the song You’ll always be my Baby by David Cook makes me into the romantic aura. 🙂
And yes Shan Cai did made me desire to have that long straight hair but Yoon Eun Hye of Coffee Prince was the reason why I have my short hair now.
and the zykloon loop…woaaahhhh…After my first ride, I thought that I can conquer the world…hahahaha!
This is a great post Wits. 🙂
jeannys last blog post..LP:Ginintuan ko’y Lupain
Like you, after a haircut I feel like a new woman ^_^ I’m due at my hairdressers tomorrow. Same with buying a new wardrobe. I feel like it’s a fresh start!
Sintas last blog post..Pink Mix Scarf
when we were little, my sister and i would always crave for hamburger and sundae after reading archie comic books. 🙂 i also had my hair permed in 2007 (had it all chopped off this year) but it transformed me from a frumpy mommy to a vampy woman (all in my head, of course) – i felt so sexy and pang-beauty queen caliber after having had my straight hair curled hahaha!
glenvilles last blog post..Black Is The New Black
Haha, same effect for us after the perming. 😉 Happy weekend!