Random thoughts while watching The Martian this afternoon:
- Mars looks like The Grand Canyon. (After watching the film, I learned that backdrop was shot in Wadi Rum, a UNESCO heritage site located in Jordan.)
- When Mark Watney (played by Matt Damon) ‘colonized’ Mars, initially by planting potatoes utilizing his own ‘sh*t’ (in his own words) as fertilizer, it reminded me of our agriculture-related subjects in high school wherein we did multi-cropping and were encouraged to use chicken and pig’s manure as fertilizer. Real story.
- People’s interest in Botany might increase.
- Imagine being trapped in Mars with playlists that you do not like. I had to do a quick preparedness test. If I have been thrown to Mars, the playlists that are on my two mobile phones are Ed Sheeran’s songs, Across the Universe OST, Christmas with the Chipmunks, When Harry Met Sally OST, Eraserheads’ songs, Tony Benett and Lady Gaga’s cheek to cheek duo album, Jay Z and Linkin Park’s Collission course and Best of The Corrs. Therefore, I think these will help me survive.
- Masking tape is soooo important. That helped bridge the needed oxygen level.
- Martian storm is quite manageable.
- Faith and optimism are key.
- I want to read the book, The Martian.
- The Martian is alike and so different at the same time from Cast Away.
- The Martian is one of the best films I have seen in 2015.
2 thoughts on “The Martian impressions”
I have not seen the movie yet. I don’t even know if I want to see it, and that coming from a die-hard Matt Damon fan.
I’m a fan, too! You should consider watching it. 😉