I remember a friend who, for a valid reason, vacationed in the Philippines for only three days. Since my December vacation was deferred for a great reason, I can’t help but sometimes think of doing the same. In a whirlwind, I wish to accomplish all of these (in random order), aside from the obvious:
- Eat Jollibee chickenjoy and palabok, try the newest item, i.e. chicken bbq
- Buy from our trusted Manong who sells street taho
- Lunch at Kanin Club in Paseo De Sta. Rosa
- Have a DIY Binondo Tour, in case Binondo Food Wok will not coincide with my schedule
- Buy a one-year supply of hopia. Heehee. Less than a week yata ang expiry.
- Dinner at Sentro and try its corned beef sinigang among other things
- Eat at JT’s Manukan, Metro Manila branch; I visited its first branch in Bacolod ages ago
- Devour a paella (paella negra preferrably) in Alba Resto in Makati
- Streetfood trip (place to be decided, any suggestions?)
- Swim and surf at Club Manila East, Rizal
- Buy quality yet cheap shoes and other footwear in Liliw, Laguna
- Side trip to churches of Pakil, Paete, Liliw and Nagcarlan
- Visit Rizal’s house in Calamba
- Watch District 9 and Kimi Dora, if still being shown in theaters
- Do a little shopping in my favorite malls in Metro Manila
- Visit my favorite facial centre
- Copy to the external drive the copycats of Boys Over Flowers and other series to catch up
- And a lot more
But will these fit in three days? 😀
Most likely, I’d stay home to savour time with the family and relatives (and friends: in case they are lucky enough to know my whirlwind trip), chatting while pigging out endlessly.
What about you? What would you do in a blast and breeze?
Note to self: BACK TO REALITY. I’m here in UAE. 😉