- Since I have no yellow piece to wear yesterday, I had yellow rice (chicken biryani) instead for lunch. Madame Cory, rest in peace with Ninoy.
- I returned to my fave salon in Abu Dhabi after 48 years, i.e. since November last year, and had a haircut. I hardly noticed that my hair grew so long already. Few inches before waistline. I had it a little beyond shoulder length. The following day I googled about the reasons why women suddenly cut their hair. Popular reason: emotions-based. Mine? I’m on a shampoo and conditioner diet + it’s summertime here. Don’t worry, it grows fast and I’m enjoying the current ‘do’.
- In a way, I’m loving my pseudo name ‘witsandnuts’or ‘wits and nuts’. It’s a very good excuse to pig out. I ordered two yummy Lebanese sandwiches, one for wits, one for nuts. I ventured on the same excuse when I ordered laing and bicol express.
- Just when I thought I have the sole ‘right’ to my pseudo name, there’s another (Indian) blogger scribbling under the name of ‘wits n nuts’. We have different niches though and I started earlier.
- I had to stop watching Adik Sayo for a week. I hardly follow teleseryes. But I gave this a chance because it’s not a Tagalized version. Also, I was hugely entertained by the Batagueno accent. Problem came when another character was introduced and script obliges her to mimic another dialect. I easily can adopt accents, hence, I got confused with my Tagalog. 😀 Next week, I’m watching again.
- Memories flashed back when I saw this photo of Gimik cast.
Originally uploaded here
They had a mini-reunion. There was a time I religiously followed the episodes. I stopped when they came up with the new season.
- I must congratulate myself for being able to resist buying stuff while I dropped by in my fave bookshop here. I was holding three books and they stuck on my palm like a magnet. Temptation, I won.
- We were inside LV’s store and I thought that would be the day I’ll have my first bag from them. Then, I got dizzy (figuratively), I thought of the hungry people and other things that I can make use of the resources that I was about to splurge. Temptation, I won (again!)
- Then good food waved, that I cannot resist.
- I’m beginning to quasi-fast. Ramadan would start soon.
- I’ve been checking Cine Star’s website. Looks like they’re not going to show Adventureland and 500 Days of Summer here. Booo. It’s your turn to make me jealous, as I did when UP was shown here months ago.