- Since I have no yellow piece to wear yesterday, I had yellow rice (chicken biryani) instead for lunch. Madame Cory, rest in peace with Ninoy.
- I returned to my fave salon in Abu Dhabi after 48 years, i.e. since November last year, and had a haircut. I hardly noticed that my hair grew so long already. Few inches before waistline. I had it a little beyond shoulder length. The following day I googled about the reasons why women suddenly cut their hair. Popular reason: emotions-based. Mine? I’m on a shampoo and conditioner diet + it’s summertime here. Don’t worry, it grows fast and I’m enjoying the current ‘do’.
- In a way, I’m loving my pseudo name ‘witsandnuts’or ‘wits and nuts’. It’s a very good excuse to pig out. I ordered two yummy Lebanese sandwiches, one for wits, one for nuts. I ventured on the same excuse when I ordered laing and bicol express.
- Just when I thought I have the sole ‘right’ to my pseudo name, there’s another (Indian) blogger scribbling under the name of ‘wits n nuts’. We have different niches though and I started earlier.
- I had to stop watching Adik Sayo for a week. I hardly follow teleseryes. But I gave this a chance because it’s not a Tagalized version. Also, I was hugely entertained by the Batagueno accent. Problem came when another character was introduced and script obliges her to mimic another dialect. I easily can adopt accents, hence, I got confused with my Tagalog. 😀 Next week, I’m watching again.
- Memories flashed back when I saw this photo of Gimik cast.
Originally uploaded here
They had a mini-reunion. There was a time I religiously followed the episodes. I stopped when they came up with the new season.
- I must congratulate myself for being able to resist buying stuff while I dropped by in my fave bookshop here. I was holding three books and they stuck on my palm like a magnet. Temptation, I won.
- We were inside LV’s store and I thought that would be the day I’ll have my first bag from them. Then, I got dizzy (figuratively), I thought of the hungry people and other things that I can make use of the resources that I was about to splurge. Temptation, I won (again!)
- Then good food waved, that I cannot resist.
- I’m beginning to quasi-fast. Ramadan would start soon.
- I’ve been checking Cine Star’s website. Looks like they’re not going to show Adventureland and 500 Days of Summer here. Booo. It’s your turn to make me jealous, as I did when UP was shown here months ago.
0 thoughts on “In bullets”
wow this is a fun post i don’t even know where to begin! shall i begin with the yellow rice or two orders of food? LOL! you are really a charm.
hooray for fighting temptation! there’s always a sense of triumph in not spending for things you don’t need (hey, that LV bag would be a social sin, haha, kidding). may fakes in Greenhills dito 🙂
si G tongie bayun,maganda parin..he he he. gusto ko kasi dati yun eh..:)
Well, I definitely plan to chop a length of my hair after my wedding! I can’t wait 🙂 I want to have a stylish bob, but I really have to think carefully about it. I hope I can pull it off ^_^
Natuwa naman ako sa photo ng Gimik cast although it made me miss Rico Yan. And I can so relate to your LV dilemma. I’ve always wanted one but when hubby offered to buy it for me, nagbago ang isip ko for the same reasons as you. It seems too much money to waste on just a bag.
Re: Gimik Reunion.
Would have loved to have “Tabing Ilog” reunion instead. LOL:
hehe, ako din walang yellow shirt so i had to make do with black. Nice pic of the gimik cast, i also followed the series religiously, even watched the movie, I kinda got the idea of my wedding motif from that movie (rainbow).
about shopping… so true, everytime hubby would tell me he’ll buy me an LV bag or a Christian Dior purse and asks me which one I like, i can’t seem to get my head into buying them, I’m thinking of the other more important stuff that i can do with that price. Good for you you resisted temptation!
uy paborito ko rin ang gimik noon. fan ako ni rico yan =) pero di ko masyadong type yung gimik the movie – but i’ve watched it a couple of times already on cable, hehe!
Guilty of suddenly cutting my hair for emotion-based reasons! Usually I do that when I’m pissed with a guy.
I also can’t imagine myself buying an LV bag. First because I can’t afford it anyway, and second is because my background has taught me the true value of money. I don’t know if I become filthy-rich one day. They say money is an attitude-changing factor.
ay, huge fan din ako ng gimik noon! pero bakit hindi ko matandaan na nandun si patrick?
ang haba ng hair mo, jo! me, nabigatan na ulit kaya ginupit ko kanina. 😀
Hehehe, I was a Gimik fan too! =)
ooooh.. gimik! pinapanuod ko din yan dati. hahaha! nakakamiss.. there are no youth-oriented show na nowadays. Everything seems to be so “mature” or they aim to be.
hmmm…i admit, my haircuts are mostly emotional based. i just got one two weeks ago, and this is emotional based too.
ang haba na ng hair mo wits! :0 that reminds me that I also need a haircut!
out house was full of yellow the other day. my mother was feeling nostalgic and bought one whole roll of yellow ribbon to be put everywhere!
hey! sino yung nakaputi na katabi ni mylene? 🙂
can’t imagine you na super haba ang hair. wow!!!. i used to watched Gimik and you’re right the 2nd season was no longer good.
hindi ko rin malilimutan ang gimik dahil sinubaybayan din namin to. hehehe…
nasan picture mo? 🙂
My comments are in dashes:
– Congrats for fighting off the temptation of buying a Louis Vitton. Do you need addys where you can make your donations?
– I sooo love Adik sa Yo kaya lang I didn’t watch it na when I returned in Saudi.
– Yellow rice for Cory. That’s cool.
– And yes, you reminded me. I have to cut down my cigarettes because it’s Ramadan na this Aug. Bawal sa office and a cladestine smoke in the office loo constantly gives me a coronary (for fear of being caught).
Btw what are lebanese sandwiches? It seems that they are that yummy that you couldn’t resist having two of them hehe
What do you mean you had a haircut after 48 years??? I don’t think you are that old 😀
yay i saw that photo too and nakapag reminisce tuloy kami re gimik and tgis haha 😛
im soo proud of you na naka resist ka sa temptation haha!
nakakamiss si Ricky! Natawa ako dun sa mga usong damit nun. nakakaluwag. Ano kaya ang fashion sa future. Am sure nakakatuwa na ang body fit ngayon balang araw.
Buti ka, may self-control. Isipin ko rin nga at i-apply ang style mo
yung tawag sa akin na Jigs sa gimik yun nanggaling. Tawagan namin ng bestfriend ko ng college. Babae siya, diet ang tawag ko sa kanya. Alam mo naman siguro kung sino si diet sa gimik. hehehe. Sino fave mo dun?
I love gimik. Its my favorite teen series dati. Lagi ko sya pinapanood. 🙂