How did hearts day go on for you? We were eyeing to be part of Gourmet Safari (a four-hour Italian and Meditterranean dinner in Emirates Palace Hotel) but my bad, I forgot to make uber early necessary reservations. I have underestimated the marketability of Gourmet Abu Dhabi. The tickets sold like mesmerizing hotcakes. All sold out the time I was trying to secure a slot. Sigh. This is an annual event so that leaves me less than 365 days of waiting. So, plan B (I don’t know if this goes for you, too. But as one of my friends tease me he thinks I always have plans A to Z. Haha. Of course, not at all times) pushed through. I saw Pink Panther 2 which is reasonably hillarious and pigged out in my turning to be favorite resto in Abu Dhabi, which is Galler.
Now, here’s my entry to Little Miss Firefly’s birthday give away, that is to list down happiness felt with our five basic senses, except for sense of sight.
I’d say happiness is
(a) listening to my favorite songs especially those of Earth, Wind and Fire, Bee Gees, Eraserheads, etc.
(b) munching on home cooked meals, nothing’s better than food whipped at home
(c) doing a book run, i.e. slipping my fingers through the titles/covers of the books in a bookstore, earmarking what’s interesting and not
(d) doing a chocolate run, i.e. you go to the chocolate section of a supermarket or other sorts, you secretly sniff the chocolates (make sure you don’t look like a dog), comparing the labels and ingredients of the chocolates
(e) being hugged by (and hugging) the people who matter to me
Thanks Angeli (of Muffled Solitude) for this photo tag.
Here’s how the tag works:
Go to your Picture Folder on your computer or wherever you store your pictures. Go to the 6th Folder, then pick the 6th picture in that folder. Post that picture on your blog and the story that goes along with the picture. Tag six other people that you know to do the same thing and leave a comment on their blog or an e-mail letting them know you chose them.
This is a forgotten collage that I initially mixed up for my old blog (I was able to tweak/customize three Multiply layouts for my own consumption). Each angle shows my random interests: shoes, books, bags, taking photos, food, etc. Also included there are coined Starbucks’ mugs to form the word Manila.
Thanks Mordsith for this Have You Tag.
1. Have you ever been on TV? Yes. The first one was when we went to Eat Bulaga‘s studio during highschool. The cameraman did seconds focus to us while Streetboys did an opening number. Incidentally, I’m not their fan. I was for Universal Motion Dancers (UMD) then. Remember Wowee De Guzman? Haha, I’m now embarrassed whenever I remember I had a huge crush on him, as well as Gwapings (Mark Anthony Fernandez in particular) and Jao Mapa. I hope my highschool classmates won’t read this.
The most recent one was when I visited a temple in Macau. A major event was being covered few steps from there. I approached one of the dancers (for the dragon dance) for a photo, that’s when a network representative approached us for a TV coverage and so on.
2. Have you ever sung in public? Yes, I rarely do. I had to sing Buttercup and That’s What Friends Are For in my visit to Antique in 2003 during a videoke night with the other guests. Long story. They even took a photo of me, one of those I just want to keep in the baul.
3. Have you ever dyed your hair blond? No.
4. Have you ever eaten frog legs? Yes. Always from Exotik Restaurant.
5. Have you ever received a present that you really hated? Maybe not really hated. But when I was in college I got a present from someone I hated the time it was gifted to me. A self-composed poem that he himself transcripted to a personalized huge frame. Beautiful actually. He delivered it to my grandparents straight (and my grandmother handed to me), which made it more hated because I felt embarrassed. My younger cousins said that’s actually cute. Truth is you will never appreciate any beauty when you’re mad. But we’re now friends. Now I wonder where’s that gift.
6. Have you ever walked into a lamp post? No.
7. Have you ever cooked a meal by yourself for more than 15 people? If crema de fruta and chilled mango cake would qualify as cooked, yes. I do cook the milk and creme and mango bits.
8. Have you ever fallen or stumbled in front of others? Yes, yes! I fell at 3am downstairs (I missed three to four steps) from my previous office (due to lack of sleep and hardwork, haha). That was a funny yet embarrassing moment). Only the guard on duty and a friend saw me (and wished he had taken a video!). Since then, I seldom wear high heeled shoes. And I stumbled on the grass last year here in Abu Dhabi with three Indians who I don’t know witnessing it. Before they could even begin to laugh, I gave a dirty look and walked as if nothing happened.
9. Have you ever done volunteer work? Yes, the first one in high school. And if being a corporate slave in my previous office (working almost 24/7 during busy season) would qualify, that’s volunteering for love of work.
I’m not tagging anyone in particular for the two tags. But feel free to do so because it’s fun. My Hongkong and Macau chronicles will kick off in my next post.