One of the nicest things about blogging is the interaction with visitors. The bloghopping becomes part of my routine and I am blessed to have blogmigos and blogmigas who I bet are more interesting in real life than their pretty online stories. It’s a small world, no one knows we may cross paths wherever, whenever.
Recently I got a couple of Oops Award from Jeanny and Sheng. They gave me this award the same day, made me feel “Hey, I’m so Oops!” What does it mean?
The Oops award was created and is to be given to bloggers who inspire others with their humor and their talents, also for contributing to the blogging world in whatever medium. When you receive this award it is considered a “special honor”. Once you have received this award, you are to pass it on to others.
As Jeanny of Startin’ A New Life passed the award to me, she wrote,
She is the reason why I started to read a book again. I have to thank her for coming up with such great online book club and because of that I met new friends too. Wits thank you for that.
And the same day, Sheng of Anything Goes passed the same award to me and said,
Miss J is a Filipina, enjoying life in the UAE, like me, she is an office slave, but would love to enjoy storms in Pinas, because definitely misses rain in the emirate. I love her writings too, especially her experiences that she describes on her blog. It would seem that when you get to read her daily life’s experiences, you experience just the same. But then again, her experiences are all healthy!
Both of them are amongst my interesting new blogmigas. I enjoy visiting their blogs because of their light and sincere sharing of experiences, cooking, etc.
The rules for passing this honor on:
1) Pick 5 blogs that you would like to award this honor to.
2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3) Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
4) Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Oops” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
Now, I am passing the Oops Award to the following:
- Rhea: A former officemate now based in California. She’s one of my most thoughtful younger friends. I witnessed how blogging became so therapeutic for her as she shared her thoughts.
- Kayni: I got to ‘meet’ her when she left a comment in one of my posts months ago. Since I visited her corner cafe (meaning her blog), I keep coming back. She writes from the heart and I would love to meet her someday.
- BlogusVox: Through bloghopping from Sassy Lawyer, I landed to The Sandbox (his blog). Since then it became a regular read. I am especially looking forward to his Buhay Buhangin Series because these are witty reflections of life in Middle East.
- Nica: A 17-year old college student based abroad. I forgot how I landed to her blog. But the first thing that did struck me is her site name, “Pandesal ni Nica”. Second and the most is the way she writes. It’s intelligently written with humour and her entries always make me grin. I think hers is the only blog I visit from her age bracket.
- Jared: He is one of my first few online buddies. That was since Multiply days. He regularly leaves interesting comments in my posts. We have common contacts since we’re of the same profession. I’ve never met him yet, but I’ve long known his friends from my previous office. A certified foodie like me and calls me Ms. Jo and Ate Jo virtually.
I realized this is my first blog award. Now there’s more meaning whenever I would say or hear someone else says, “Ooooooooops!”